When was the last APA Standard Published?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by GracefulBantams, Sep 15, 2010.

1. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I thought the latest "American Poultry Association (APA) Standard of Perfection" was published in 2001, but I just heard one had been published in 2010 (this year). And yet I cannot find this supposedly most recent edition. Is 2001 (nine years old) as new as it gets?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  2. averytds

averytds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    KS
    I had read somewhere about a 2010 edition coming out, so have held off purchasing, but I've yet to see it offered anywhere. An APA district director told us this spring/early summer, that there was discussion about smaller individual breeds standards being discussed for affordability/to hopefully increase sales, but I haven't seen those offered yet either.

3. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    The 2010 edition will be available in mid to late November. I have it on the best authority- the chair of the APA standards committee.[​IMG]

4. ()relics

()relics horse/dog shrink

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    ...no offense but we have heard that same thing for the last 4-5 years...I'm betting Indianapolis October 2011

5. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Well, I guess I can wait through November, then go ahead and buy an whatever is the newest one at that point [​IMG]
    Thanks for the replies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by