When wasp stings you

Anjan

In the Brooder
Oct 21, 2017
Got stung by a wasp yesterday morning, looked up online and washed hand with soap and applied Hydrocortisone cream. Hand was itchning the whole night woke up in the morning the hand was swollen.

Went to doctor and this is what he prescribed for me:
Take a Zyrtec 10 mg during day so you don’t fall asleep, take Benadryl at night for 2-3 nights. Take prednisone 50mg tablets for 5 days.

Just to let concerned people know my personal experience.
Wasp bite swollen.jpg

We got a product called Therapik. It's a little battery operated device that you hold over a bite or sting and it applies concentrated heat for about 30 seconds or until you can't stand it any more. Venom of bees and wasps is neutralized by heat as is the substance in mosquito bites that cause itching. You have to use it right away after being stung. I think it was about $20. I have found that it does work for wasp stings.
It says it doesn't work for spider bites.
1 ther.png

We got a product called Therapik. It's a little battery operated device that you hold over a bite or sting and it applies concentrated heat for about 30 seconds or until you can't stand it any more. Venom of bees and wasps is neutralized by heat as is the substance in mosquito bites that cause itching. You have to use it right away after being stung. I think it was about $20. I have found that it does work for wasp stings.
It says it doesn't work for spider bites.
View attachment 1166384

I may be crazy when i work on the farm usually get bit by mosquito i light a cigarette and burn the spot it helps stop the itching right away.

Back
Top Bottom