When will I get eggs again?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rmh0508, Sep 13, 2011.

1. rmh0508

rmh0508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    About a week and a half ago I got a pair of Golden Laced Polish (at least I think 1 is a roo) The very next day one laid an egg but I have had nothing since. We got a new coop about 5-6 days ago and I moved them in there since they had previously been hanging out in the garage. They have been in there every since and I have not had a egg laid yet. They don't like to go out in the run either I have to literally herd them out and I feed them treats outside to help get them more comfortable. So I am pretty sure they are stressed but when can I expect to start getting eggs again? Any ideas to help them get more comfortable?

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Whenever chickens suffer some kind of stress like a move from one property or coop to another, they will usually stop laying for a few days to weeks. The egg you got the next day is only because it was already "in the works" before the move. Give them a little time to adjust and they'll get back to laying for you.

3. rmh0508

rmh0508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    Thank you! Is there any good way to help them adjust and get comfortable or just time?

4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Just time...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by