When will I get eggs?

Sacri

Chirping
Mar 22, 2019
Savannah Georgia
I got my chickens on Feb 28th, so 16 weeks ago. It was my understanding they were already a few days old. (here is a pic from that day)
5d8OB8xQQqWLuRR0F8FNaQ.jpg

They are Rhode Island Reds and EE. My Reds are starting to show more red and a few of each breed will shut some if I run my hand gently over their backs. I am assuming that the reds will start laying first. How many more weeks do I most likely have before I start getting eggs? (Here are two pics of where each breed is at now)
IvRY8ncjQw28+QkIGoAkEA.jpg
HvPmOC4uQzC%QH3uKmjjbw.jpg

if 16 weeks, should start in another 4 or so, as soon as that comb goes dark red then theyll start really soon. My ameraucanas are always the slowest to start, sometimes they even wait til the next spring to begin. Hatchery layers are good about starting around 18-22 weeks sometimes sooner or later

My Pullets are 19 weeks , The naked necks have been very loud , some of the others are getting red combs . I know it's a matter a few more weeks:fl before I have some of the best eggs been a couple years since I had my own Chickens and Fresh Eggs. but until then My Turkey is giving Me a Egg almost everyday.

My Pullets are 19 weeks , The naked necks have been very loud , some of the others are getting red combs . I know it's a matter a few more weeks:fl before I have some of the best eggs been a couple years since I had my own Chickens and Fresh Eggs. but until then My Turkey is giving Me a Egg almost everyday.
:welcome :frow

From what I've read RIR can start around 18 weeks, EE around 26. Of course it'll vary depending on how they're raised and the hatchery.
The RIR could start in a couple weeks. Not all your RIR will start the same week.
My two Flocks, Golden Comets were first. Started at 16.5, all were laying by 19.
My latest flock of Barred Rocks, bought last August from TSC started between 20 and 23 weeks.
So in my experience in each type/breed, from first to lay to the last, averages 2.5 to 3 weeks.
Waiting for that first egg takes forever. 20190103_170250.jpg . The first from my Barred Rocks on January 3. The white egg is fake. GC

Back
Top Bottom