When will @Kiki become the first in BYC history to reach 750,000 reactions? 8/11/2021 9pm EST

Pics
What are you talking about?
Apparently he has someone that will pick them up.
I was just saying it’s a shame to throw away perfectly good books when they could be donated. But maybe you’re right. Maybe he knows people take them and puts them out on purpose because of that. I guess if he was truly trying to throw them away he would put them inside the actual trash where people couldn’t see them. But i still think it’s make more sense to take them somewhere

Maybe it’s different in the city where there’s a million people to grab things fast and that would be considered donated. If we did that here it would just be weird. And would probably sit there for forever until they got ruined. Nobody would take them. We have a special area at our dump for that stuff. You’re allowed to take stuff from it and drop stuff off. And there’s a book shed. And then of course there’s Savers and thrift stores and stuff we’ve taken tons of stuff to too. I guess that’s maybe why I was thinking differently. Because here it’s considered weird. And we took many many trips to the thrift stores and dump trying to clean out the house and called someone to take some of it too. I wasn’t trying to be a jerk or whatever, I think it’s just totally different here and I was also thinking about how many trips we made but maybe he didn’t have the time. Idk. I guess I was being kind of a jerk but I wasn’t trying to be. I genuinely thought he was trashing them for real but I guess if they’re outside for people to take that’s not. But it’s not common here

We have people around here that have "free libraries."
You build a box on a post and put it by the road. People can stop and take books, leave books or both.
See, that’s different. There is one of those around here (at the boat ramp of all places lol) but that’s like obvious as opposed to just setting them there. I wonder if there’s any sort of free sign or anything? I’d be scared to just take stuff 🤣 there was a cat tree on the curb once that I really wanted but I didn’t take it cause I wasn’t sure.

I was just saying it’s a shame to throw away perfectly good books when they could be donated. But maybe you’re right. Maybe he knows people take them and puts them out on purpose because of that. I guess if he was truly trying to throw them away he would put them inside the actual trash where people couldn’t see them. But i still think it’s make more sense to take them somewhere
I'm sure he's not too fussed about it. I've left bikes sitting out for people to steal cause I couldn't be bothered to take them to a dona place. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I have a donate pile too and I’ve been putting books in that pile as I go through them but I just have a ton hahah
How many books do you consider a ton? I have about 4000 books to pack up. I've gotten about 20 boxes full of DVDs, CDs, and some of the books packed so far, and those are just the ones that don't fit on my shelves. I still have another half dozen boxes worth of books sitting on the floor of my library.

How many books do you consider a ton? I have about 4000 books to pack up. I've gotten about 20 boxes full of DVDs, CDs, and some of the books packed so far, and those are just the ones that don't fit on my shelves. I still have another half dozen boxes worth of books sitting on the floor of my library.
Two dozen = 1 ton in TheDawg Speak.

Back
Top Bottom