When will my ducks start laying?

Niche Flock

Songster
5 Years
Mar 22, 2017
My 12 ducks are now about 16 weeks old and I was wondering when they will begin to start laying eggs. Or rather, what the typical age is when most ducks of these breeds begin laying.I have Cayugas, Welsh Harlequins & Khaki Campbells.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you! :)

IMG_6994.JPG
Well I'm no expert. This is my first time raising ducks. I have 3 Pekin females and 3 males. Mine are about 17 weeks old and I just got 3 eggs over the last week. The first one was huge and then the next two were smaller about 4-5 days later. I don't know if this is young or normal, but I was so excited!!!

@stuka123 Those eggs are beautiful! And enormous! Very pretty presentation too!

When your Perkins first started laying did you find any ping pong sized eggs first? When my Indian runners began laying I went in their pen and found one and it was the most adorable thing.

Thanks Chickens Really, I will keep my fingers crossed that they start laying soon!

I've noticed that my cayugas bills are starting to get tinged with a bit of green color, and read that that could be a hormonal change. Here's to hoping!!

@stuka123 Those eggs are beautiful! And enormous! Very pretty presentation too!

When your Perkins first started laying did you find any ping pong sized eggs first? When my Indian runners began laying I went in their pen and found one and it was the most adorable thing.

YES......some were so freaking adorable. I tried blowing out the insides to save some of real cuties.

Back
Top Bottom