when will my geese breed ??

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Medusa M, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Medusa M

Medusa M Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2012
    Australia - WA-(perth)
    hi ive recentley gotten some embden common crossbred geese ....they are about 7months old as i do not know much about geese i was just wondering when the will start mating and be ready to lay and hatch there eggs (...im not expecting them to for a while due to them still being so small and young......)

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    most geese breed and lay eggs the spring after they were hatched. So 2012 goslings normally will lay spring of 2013. Not all geese make good broody's.

1 person likes this.
  3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My geese are 9 months old. We're having wacko weather in the South; warm as springtime one day, cold and winter-like the next. My goose is laying sporadically right now and has been for about a month; a total of about ten eggs since she started last month. Though I have a gander that she's bonded with, he has no interest in mating her yet - at least I haven't caught them at it. Therefore, my goose has turned to my husband for affection. She follows my husband around and squats for him. I'm hoping by spring my gander will get a clue and my goose will figure out which one is her mate. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by