1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When will my little girls lay?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by justmeandtheflock, Oct 29, 2009.

1. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I know, when they are good and ready [​IMG] I have 11 18 week 6 day old pullets and so far only my silver phoenix has started laying. I know it is early but the silver phoenix has got me impatient [​IMG] I never would have thought she would be the 1st out of BSL, RIR and leghorns to lay [​IMG] , ans she started more than a week ago. I got spoiled with my RSL girls all starting at 18 weeks. Who wants to place bets on who will be next? The only prize is bragging rights. I'm not so secretly hoping that posting this thread will get some of them to lay tomorrow [​IMG]

2. rainbowgardens

rainbowgardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Last year, my dominiques started laying at 17 weeks.
    You can imagine my despair that I have only gotten 2 eggs from this year's 25 week old speckled sussex.
    There are 14 of them, and the lady I split the order with has gotten at least 69 eggs from her half, ( 11 hens.)

3. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Most of my girls started laying between 22 and 26 weeks. It'll happen!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by