1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When will my pullet start laying again? Frostbite question too!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ponygal12, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ponygal12

ponygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    HI everyone!

I just finished reading Speckledhen's post about why your chicken might not be laying. My rescue pullet is the victim of poor nutriyion, stress and trauma. She has had a rountined life and diet for about a week now. I know it's going to take her time to recover. Does anyone know an estimate of when she will start laying again? She is about 6 months old..............

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. ponygal12

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Bump Bump

3. LeezyBeezy

LeezyBeezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Lancaster PA
    Has she even layed yet at all? My gals were hatched in May- two are laying within the past month, two aren't. What breed is she? Mine are EE's. I would give her a few weeks of good eats and safety! When her coms and wattles are nice and red, and she has enough weight on her, I'm sure she'll lay for you. Keep us posted!

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I hope you get an answer because I personally have a hen that is in the same predicament. She had improper nutrition and stress/trauma and although we have had her for almost a month now with all proper elements, she still hasn't laid. [​IMG]

5. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  6. bruinfan

bruinfan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    We rescued a chicken this year and it took 5-6 weeks to start laying again. The chicken was the sole survivor after her coop was broken into by some critter. She is a 1 yr old RIR. When she started laying again, it was like she didn't miss a beat. She only started laying on November 10th, and we've gotten an egg 4 out of 5 days. Now if only I can get my five 20 wk old pullets to start laying!

7. ponygal12

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:From what I know, she hasn't layed at all. Rover is an Eatser Egger too! I think she was hatched around May 20, the same time as my other grils who are all producing.

8. ponygal12

Nov 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    By the way, thanks for all the advice! I have one more question. She supposedly lost her comb to frostbite when she was living in the freezing cold for a couple of months. Will it grow back?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by