1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When will she lay?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Deepfriedbeauty, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Deepfriedbeauty

Deepfriedbeauty Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    My Coop
    I have a Blue Copper Maran that is almost 31 weeks old. She hasn't started laying yet. The 2 Salmon Faverolles that are the same age have been laying for a few weeks now. Could it be the Florida heat? Could there be something wrong?

2. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    that is fairly old to not be laying. I am not an expert, but I would have to suspect something is wrong. She is likely stressed in one way or another. Too much heat (although I believe they are supposed to be heat tolerant), or heavily picked on (although faverolles are not known for picking on), or just not healty in some manner.

sorry

3. Deepfriedbeauty

Jul 29, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    My Coop
    She's the head of the flock. It's very strange. I have thoroughly checked all the bushes and what not. No eggs from Miss Sylvie.

4. Deepfriedbeauty

Jul 29, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    My Coop
    Finally!!! It took 8 months and looks more like a potato than an egg, but I'm super pleased!:weee[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by