When will she start laying ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mahsmaj, Jul 9, 2008.

1. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Here are my white pekin ducks. 2 females and 1 drake. they are about 5 or 6 months old.When Should my girls start laying???
    [​IMG]

2. bills

bills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    vancouver island
    August the 12th at 7.25 am. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I wish I could help, but all I can say is you need a lot of patience when it comes to birds, and egg laying. [​IMG]

They sure are nice looking ducks. My wife wants to get a pair, but we have got a lot of learning to do about their needs etc..

3. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    lol that was funny i thought that you were being serious at first but then i read on. They are really easy to care for. You just have to give them attentoin from when they are just ducklings and feed and water them regularly. And mine love it when I take them to the pond, which is where we go for our satuday morning walk.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  4. farm_mom

farm_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    MI
    I grew up with pekins. They weren't the best layers. I don't think ours started until they reached a year old. But, my dad didn't feed them the way people do nowadays (he made his own feed and gave lots of scraps) so it's entirely possible that may have had something to do with their lower laying rates. They're beautiful birds! Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by