When will the eggs come?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tenmore, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Tenmore

Tenmore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Ogden utah
    Soooooooooooo I was out side feeding everybody this morning and guess what????????????? [​IMG] STILL NO EGGS . BUT............. I really got to looking at the girls and a few of them their wattles and combs seem to have trippled in size in the last few days expecially on the White Leghorns and are turning bright red. Two of the BSL's are changing as well gitting bigger and trurning red the third one not so much. The GSL's ar chaning aswell. As for the Arucannas they really dont have much of a wattle or comb must be the breed but dont know bout that. And I see evidece that some one is spending time just out side the nesting boxes no evidence inside yet but right at the door....amazing go away for a few days and look what happens....Any way WE are really excited here expecially my little ones the wating has been the hardest on them well on me to.....Nesting boxes are ready to go filled with fresh wood shavings Dose the golf ball thing really work? Or do you have any other Ideas? Thanks again for everybodies help [​IMG]

2. ChickiePieGirl

ChickiePieGirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    How old are they??

3. Tenmore

Jun 2, 2011
    Ogden utah
    Mixed batch 15 to 18 weeks the leg horns being the oldest!

4. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    I would guess in the next few days and no more than a week judging by what your description is. Mine showed interest in the nest boxes before they started laying. I put a fake egg in anyhow,not even sure where it came from. Once they started to lay the used to kick the fake egg out.

Stop looking for an egg and thats when you get it. I know its exciting to want to see eggs,I checked four and five times a day then one day after work I walked in late in afternoon and low and behold an egg.

5. Tenmore

Jun 2, 2011
    Ogden utah
    We are all betting on when we will have the first egg.....Kids are having somuch fun with this.

6. shellstewart

shellstewart Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    I am having the same problem. My girls are about 19 weeks old, and still no eggs. Hopefully you will get some soon! Good luck!

7. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    Waiting here too......hard to do! Good luck to all that wait [​IMG]

8. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I'm a believer that fake eggs work. They see it & realize hey this place will hunt & bingo. Also if this guy shows up one night like this guy did they will eat them & die. I got my egg back.LOL Sorry Mr snake I don't mind you eating my mice but don't eat my eggs.[​IMG]

9. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    7L Farm - What kind of snake is that??? [​IMG] It's HUGE!

10. sanyijr

sanyijr Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2011
    Livermore
    Quote:Holy Crap that is big! Rattler or Garter? Funny catch 22. Ear egg.....Cannot slither through netting......Dead snake.... Love it![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by