When will they girls produce?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LadiesMan017, Jul 28, 2011.

1. LadiesMan017

LadiesMan017 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2011
    I have a Frizzle EE, Black EE, BLRW, White Splash Silkie, and BO hen. They all are 4 months old, and I just ran out of growing crumbles. So should I feed them Laying feed?

I also have 2 Buff Brahma Bantams, Cochin, and Black Silkie. All of these are only 10 weeks, so I know i still need growing crumbles for them.

P.S. All 10 of these are in the same run and coop. Do I just mix the feed in the same feeder?

Thank you [​IMG]

2. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:Hi,
    You should still lay the starter or grower food, and add some cups of oyster shell for the calcium in the coop so the ones that need it can get it. The layer feed is not good for babies. My hens hatched in the beginning of February and are now laying regularly.

3. awalters0815

awalters0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Plainfield, IN
    I'd guess you'll start getting a few eggs in about 4-6 weeks.

4. LadiesMan017

LadiesMan017 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2011
    Thank you, I will continue to give them the starter/grower feed, and will start giving them oyster shells.

Thank you so much!

5. Does not matter that much on breeds. 18-24 weeks is normal for all breeds. Start checking the boxes, coop floor, and corners of run at about 17 weeks just to be certain. Who ever said the had eggs at 14 weeks probably miss counted. I think that would be a world record......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by