1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When will they lay eggs again after Molting?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickens4jojo, Nov 13, 2008.

1. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Some of my hens have stopped laying because they are molting (from what I understand this is normal) but the ones who have their feathers back now are not laying yet & it has been over 2 1/2 months since they molted & still no eggs. [​IMG]

Will they ever lay again, do you think?! I am hoping so... [​IMG] Maybe in the spring?

2. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

My year and a half old EE stopped laying in the middle of July and began her molt. She laid her first agg since then, today... So.. there is hope!

3. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    Thank you for your help and....hope! I will just wait a few more months then. [​IMG]

4. nakactress

nakactress Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2008
    Utah
    2 of my EE's started Molting in August and one of them finally laid an egg again yesterday. So it was 3 months for her and still nothing from my other one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by