When will they lay?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chicken Girl, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Its Dec and snowing. I have NHR, JG, BO, EE, Cochin, Silkey, Mille, chickens that are going to be 20 weeks tomorrow. I know i have to wait a lil bit. But will they lay befor Christmas?

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Chicken Girl

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

they could start laying anytime, but no guarantees that they'll lay before Christmas.

good luck

imp

3. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Our Pastor just gave a sermon on waiting in an instantly got to have it now society.

It is sooooooooooooooooooooooo hard to wait and just let it happen!
    CAl
    Jax FL

4. mags2009

mags2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2009
    Wisconsin
    are they showing signs of laying?? Red wattles and combs, and doing the "squat?"

5. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    no squat yet. But they are very red. And the roos are doing there funky dance thing. lol
    so all most! we are going to need the eggs for Christmas cookes! lol Thanks!

Chicken Girl

6. Chipper

Chipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Washington County, NY
    Like Imp said,It could be before or after Christmas.Just have lots of patients and the big day will be here soon. [​IMG]

7. ange

ange Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2009
    CORNING NY
    wondering when my rir willl start laying, they are 8 months old, red onj the combs and waffles, what is the squat? Are wells summer stopped laying and the rirs have not started yet, my husband is threatening to sell them for some that will lay

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by