When Will They Lay???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SilkieBantams, Oct 17, 2011.

1. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    It's been more than two days since I've brought Snow and Rosae to their new home after I've got them from someone through craigslist. I've thought that they would begin laying eggs after a few days in their new home they'd begin laying eggs. I've waited and today one of my hens gave me a big scare as I heard her do the egg song while I was inside. So I ran down as fast as I could and I thought maybe there is a dog or a hawk that has come by to attack my hens. When I got to them they relaxed and stopped only to find not a single egg in their little coop.

2. SilkieBantams

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Anyone know when they'll lay again?

3. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    Give them time. Them singing the egg song is a good sign though. Maybe tomorrow?

4. SilkieBantams

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Hopefully they'll start laying soon since one of my hens did the egg song today. [​IMG]

5. SilkieBantams

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    My girls have not layed any eggs for me yet. I was hoping they'd start laying eggs for me and they haven't given me an egg. [​IMG]

6. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    I don't know how your temperatures are - make sure they have plenty of water. My girls got dehydrated once, started a molt and didn't lay for months. Stress makes them stop laying, so make sure you're not running around freaking them out, too... [​IMG]

7. krickets

krickets Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    sometimes it can take anywhere from two weeks to two months for a hen to start laying again after being moved. Patience [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by