When You Don't Know Whether To Laugh At Or Shake Your Children

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by deb1, Dec 28, 2009.

1. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I want stories about moments that you were mad and amused at your children at the same time.

About thirty minutes ago I was on my bed unwinding. I wanted to be alone. My 17 year old son walked into my room and started to talk to me. I asked him to leave my room.

He told me, "No, I am not leaving." And folded his arms over his chest. Getting annoyed, I told him again to leave. He refused. Now I was very annoyed but amused at his silliness. So, I told him that I wasn't teasing to get out of my room.

He hopped backwards and said from outside of the door way, "Now I am out of your room." He hopped back in and said, "Now I am in your room." He did this several times. Then he stood in the door way and said, "I am kinda out of your room and kinda in your room."

He is a very tall boy so to see him acting so silly was funny but I also wanted to kill him. [​IMG]

So, tell me about the times that you have wanted to [​IMG] your child but was too busy [​IMG] at them.

2. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    I'll never forget the time the oldest DD(now in her 20's) came home from the first day of the 1st grade. She told the DW "but mom, I don't have to do this stinkin' homework, I already know how to count my ABC's". We were laughing so hard there was no way that the DD was going to be punished.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Said it before, I'll say it again.
    I am SO VERY GLAD my kids are grown. [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:That age... I've got a 19 year old and a 17 year old that are just like that.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:I'll probably never be able to say that.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'll probably never be able to say that.

And whose fault is that, hmmmmm?
    'Bout the time my DD started getting really mouthy I introduced her to the army recruiter. Problem solved. [​IMG]

7. Miss Sebright

Miss Sebright Little Hen.....Big Attitude!

Apr 3, 2009
    In a nutshell
    [​IMG]

8. ChickensRCool

ChickensRCool Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Alaska
    Last year our kindergarten son's teacher told me that he was having a hard time when he was playing games with the other kids -- only wanting to win. So, at the dinner table that night I said, " I hear that you're not showing good sportsmanship in speech". His response was "Yea, I am ............... when I win."
    Later on, I reminded him that even when he wins he should tell the other player good job. He said, "But Mom, they haven't done a good job. If they had, they would have won!"
    The teenage years are going to be sooo fun:rolleyes:

9. imtc

imtc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    My 3yr old and 11yr old daugters were arguinging in the car one day over the lyrics of a song we were listening to when I finally hear my 3yr old say "I'm adorable....I can sing it how I want"....lol.

10. crzychickenlady

crzychickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Hmm, I don't really have a story that applies to my own kids....yet...

My mom told me a story about my oldest brother that I can just image happening to me and my head exploding from not knowing whether to laugh or kill, LOL

My brother got in trouble for something and went to his room. My mom followed talking about the issue and then she stops and asks "Are you even listening or is it going in one ear and out the other???"
    My brother points to his ear and calmly says "In this ear and out the other."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by