When you feel miserable, coming home and checking eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lswatson111304, Nov 13, 2011.

1. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    will make you smile! All 10 of mine kicking along. Then I go to check my quail eggs. I have one that looks like it might be doing something. So I candle it, which I KNOW is not easy, but first I saw what looked like veining, then I saw darkness in the egg...well today I say light passing through, then it got dark, then light, then dark. Looks like something is moving in there! [​IMG]

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Yep, I know the feeling! Hope you have a great hatch.

3. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    Always makes me happy, to [​IMG] I'm always glued to the window of my incubator, trying not
    to breath so I can hear the little chirps. [​IMG]
    I hope you have an awesome hatch!

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I know the feeling too. Right now I have a hatch going on and I can't sleep... [​IMG]

5. StraightRunDucky

StraightRunDucky Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2011
    East TN
    You guys are making me wish my chickens were laying right now! So I could hatch some! [​IMG] I SO wish my buff bantam silkie pair was laying! If they were I would have eggs in the bator in a heart beat! (gotta wait till spring!)

6. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

It's the first thing I did this morning :) My husband is gone training (again, blah) and I woke to the sound of coyotes near the house. So I knew I had to get out of bed to keep an eye on the coop, and saw the glow from the incubator... just seeing those little guys swimming around in there made me feel at ease.

So now I'm looking at buying more eggs LOL.... maybe a whole deployments worth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by