*************When**************???????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bamadominaker, May 6, 2008.

1. bamadominaker

bamadominaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    After the eggs hatch in the bator how long do you leave them in there before you move them to the brooder. If all goes well and my hatch they will hatch while I am on vacation. Should I leave them in the care of someone else? I don't know what to do? Please Help!!!!!!

2. skennedy

skennedy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Quote:They should stay in the incubator till they are dry and fluffy, then moved to the brooder. You should definately leave them with someone if you will be gone more than 12 hours after they hatch because they will need food and water and room outside of the incubator.

3. bamadominaker

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Thanks, I think I have figured it out, I will use the invertor in the vehicle so I don't miss a thing and take them on vacation as well. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] What do you think the hubby will say [​IMG] about that. HEEEE HEEEEE

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd recommend that you find someone willing to egg-sit them for you. I can't imagine taking an incubator along on vacation.....and are you taking a brooder set up along with you too? Taking them along sounds like a recipe for loss of chicks to me.

5. living2ride

living2ride Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I agree with Katy - don't take them along. Besides, you need to keep the humidity up and if you have a tray in the bottom, then you have water slopping around... Tons of temp flucuations from in and out of the car... Too many chances for problems I think.

6. bamadominaker

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    Ok [​IMG] I will get someone to egg-sit for me. probably my FIL,

Thanks,
    Aimie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by