wher can i get an electric thermostat???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rays123, Mar 22, 2009.

1. rays123

rays123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    GA
    im sick and tired of the hot water heater thermo and the stupid wafers. i cant get them to stay consistent so now im looking for a digital thermostat foe my bator. does anybody know where i can get one that wont cost an arm and a leg?

2. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    The best price I have found is Sunny Creek Farm and hatchery. If you google that his site will come up. He takes call seven days a week. His are 62.00 dollars. Others can be as much as 79. I think it is a wise choice. I am assuming it is for a cabinet of some kind? Will not fit a hovabator

3. rays123

rays123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    GA
    Quote:no its for a large styrofoam bator

4. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    OOPS, I would still call the guy at Sunny Creek he will know what you need and runs a very low cost operation. I have not seen his prices bested by anyone.

Good luck

5. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    a reptile supplier. i got on for 176 dollars Aus but it only goes to 95F but if you have the probe lower than the eggs then you can calibrate it to get to the right temp near the eggs thats what ive done
    this is the one i have and u just plug the heat scorce into it no wiring required
    [​IMG]

6. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Here it is:

http://www.cheappetproducts.net/Repti_-_Temp_500WATT_THERMOSTAT_with_PROBE-P69363.html

I have one in mine homemade bator, very accurate and sensitive.

$25.00, perhaps you can find it cheaper.

Has a probe, which is great you canplace the probe in any spot you want, the whole thermostat outside the bator.

Also will control up to 500W of load, meaning you can control a bator of double size of regulal cabinet bator!

Sorry $26.95

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by