Where are all my friends~ LOL/More UPDATES~HELP~ALL GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wannabchick, Mar 23, 2011.

1. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Hey everyone, okay.. I have one that has been pipped since yesterday morning.. all other 6 dried.. and crazy in the small bator.. so I grabbed them out and put them in their brooder.

My question.... some of the membrane was exposed for 28 hours so I reached in and tried to help hatch some of it.. just as I did with the last ones from each of my batch.. with great 100 percent success

this time its different.. the minute I started to try and remove a little.. blood.. so stopped and put it back into the bater..

Do I keep trying to help it every 1/2 hour.. leave it alone? try to chip more away.. but only the hard shell, none of the membrane???

what would you do.. if you were one to decide to help?? I know I said.. I would never ever help another.. because each one I did help.. always turns out to be a roo anyways.. LOL

but these eggs were a fortune.. I got them from peachick.. and dag nap it.. I want all the eggs to hatch.. LOL

The other..egg has a tiny winy little hole in it since yesterday morning.. and no sound coming from that one..

but the one I was helping, is chirping loud.. why is their blood?? another words.. what stops it from bleeding.. just more time??? or what???

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    keep trying every 15-30 minutes. if blood, stop... replace in bator. then try again.
    that is what I would do.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  3. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:thank you, tried removing more shell.... as long as I dont break the membrane no blood.. but if I touch that membrane blood.. I read somewhere.. that when a chick does its zipping thats what ceases the blood..etc/ soooooooooo this chick looks stuck.. to big for the egg its in.. etc/ I just dont know what to do..ayyayaa

4. midget_farms

midget_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    The membrane is the chicks lung while in the egg. You need to give enough time for the blood supply to be shut off before going further. A small mistake & the chick will bleed out fast.

It can take more than a day for the membrane to decide to shut off. Give it another hour or two & add humidity! you don't want the membrane to get too sticky.

5. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Ayyaya...the last two I helped..piece of cake ..this one which noter story

Okay what iam doing is stopping , wrapping a wet paper cloth around the membrane..and leaving the beak uncovered..it's in the bator

And I don't know if I hurt it now or helped it..because of the blood I saw..

And now I know what that membrane is..the lungs..omg

Okay, iam doing nothing more..will check on the baby in the morning..and hoping, it's alive and out of it on it's own

If not..then hoping it's alive and the bleeding part doesn't exsist anymore and I can get it out..

Thank u

Xoxox

6. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Okay, new morning.. got the chick out of the egg.. okay.. almost all the way out.. and it wasnt bleeding like it was last night.. but left the lower half of the egg on its butt area... incase its still absorbing the yolk

I do have a chick.. running around the brooder/ with its yolk.. the yolk is super small.. and super dry... will it just fall off

okay back to chick mostly out of shell... I did give it myself, some water and vitamins and stuck it back in the bator.. its just laying there.. but it is breathing..

so lets all keep our fingers crossed.. its a girl.. and lives... whoot whoot

thank you to those that did help me..
    xoxoxo

7. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Lots of new news... the one I completely hatched out... with blood, and then ceasing blood.. blah blah blah

Is doing really good.... is in the brooder with the others now... and cries alot... so moved him/her more directly under the heat lamp.. then placed in 3 week old favorelles, and wheaten maran.... the wheaten maran... keeps going over to it.. and no joke..

opens its wings and lays them over him/her.. its the sweetest thing..

no nipping with any of them... in fact they all snuggle up together

the reason I placed them all together.. was the three I placed in with the newly hatched.. is going to be my new group.. so I want them to grow up together... I will keep.. 3 girls and one cockerel out of the amerecaunas

and having now 7 all together.. and one more in another bator... lockdown... today.. with 4 more of a different breeders eggs..

I say.. no doubt I will have 3 girls out of the group.. just have to.. statistically speaking.. LOL

sooooooooooo lets still keep our fingers crossed the one hatched.. gains more energy in the next 24 hours.. and can hold its own with the othe ones.. I say.. yes, that is what is going to happen..

thanks everyone

8. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    I am just going to continue talking to myself.. LOL

its now doing really good, its laying... and well.. thats all it doing .... but its breathing and in with the others.. will update more.. next time. I will update with its eating and drinking on its own..
    xoxoxo

9. Emmalion

Emmalion Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Western Massachusetts
    So where are the pics of the newest little miracle? You know we all can't go on living with cute baby pics [​IMG]

10. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    I would but my darn camera.. is too full for photos.. until my dh can upload the videos off my camera.. LOL

sooooooooooooooooo I cant take any darn photos..

and thank you for commenting..hehe

I was feeling all alone in this place..heheheh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by