Where are good news sources?

Ec_Prokta

Continuum Shift Anomaly
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
I want to keep myself up to date with the news and see what is actually going on. However, many people say that X or Y news source, like CNN or something, lies. As someone who doesn't want to be fed lies, where can I go to get news?

Thank you for your help!

That's a tough one. It's not that they are spreading lies really, they just usually lean one way or another politically. So often times, the best place to get your news is with a site that shares your politcal views
smile.png

I get my news from multi sources,don't just stick with one.
Like when im online i just go to google news and its pops up all of news sources.

Last edited:
Lie is a funny term to use... I am wondering why it was used. Skewed is more like it. News sources in GENERAL do their best not to outright lie.

Last edited:
ALWAYS keep in mind that there are no unbiased sources of news. They all have some spin or leaning. Every one of them. Particularly the ones who most loudly claim to be objective.

With that in mind I recommend getting your news from a wide variety of sources. I particularly like National Public Radio because I do not watch television. They are, of course, biased, but as I've been listening to them for more than a quarter century now I'm very familiar with how they swing and they have good in depth coverage.

Online I'd look at the New York Times, Wall St. Journal, the Washington Post, and the Washington Times. None of them unbiased, but all of them offering good in-depth coverage.

A.T. Hagan :

ALWAYS keep in mind that there are no unbiased sources of news. They all have some spin or leaning. Every one of them. Particularly the ones who most loudly claim to be objective.

With that in mind I recommend getting your news from a wide variety of sources. I particularly like National Public Radio because I do not watch television. They are, of course, biased, but as I've been listening to them for more than a quarter century now I'm very familiar with how they swing and they have good in depth coverage.

Online I'd look at the New York Times, Wall St. Journal, the Washington Post, and the Washington Times. None of them unbiased, but all of them offering good in-depth coverage.

Excellent post. I can stream my local NPR station. They also have an APP for iPod/iPad.​

CNN doesn't lie. None of the mainstream media lies or they'd be shut down in a heartbeat. People who say that are referring to some stations having a biased leaning (liberal or conservative tendencies). I have to disagree with the suggestion that you watch a station that agrees with your political views, that's only adding to the bias. The key is to listen to the facts of the news, and ignore the opinion part. PK, I know you are very intelligent and capable of telling the difference. Listen to any mainstream news, CNN is fine, or even internet news on Yahoo. But be wary when stating the news starts to turn into some guy rambling about opinions. Form your own opinion based on the news story itself, no need to listen to the parts that try to persuade you to think one thing or another about what's being reported.

Back
Top Bottom