Where are my eggs? *warning graphic whining and fit pitching*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by menkot, Aug 2, 2007.

1. menkot

menkot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    Ok I added a warning so you know what to expect. If you don't wanna hear a whole lot of whining and fit pitching this is not the post for you. [​IMG] [​IMG] I WANT EGGS! Everybody else is getting eggs. I want to find the bitty bitty pullet eggs. [​IMG] I have my nest boxes all pretty and ready with the golf balls in them. The only time my hens set is when they are in their every single night sleeping and POOPING! [​IMG] :thun

I have 11 hens and one very annoying rooster. I have 4 silverlaced wyandottes. They are somewhere around 17-18 weeks now. I have 3 black sex-links. They are around 16-17 weeks old now. Then there are two production reds. They are around 14-16 weeks. Last but not least two barred rocks. They are young yet....only about 12-14 weeks I think. I am not expecting anything from them for awhile. [​IMG]

All but the production reds and barred rocks have very red combs and large red wattles. They also have the "bloomers". I know I know... they will lay when they are ready. I WANT EGGS!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

and hopefully I have enough smilies in here [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh and if anybody wants to send me some cheese to go with that whine then send me some of that good yoghurt cheese everyone is making. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  2. CtlisencedArborist

CtlisencedArborist Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Eastford,Ct
    Wow.....U WANT EGGS!....lol.....I get a carton a day,so if ya wanna come ova and get some,the doors open.LoL.....black sexys are laying machines![​IMG]

3. menkot

menkot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    Well my mom gave me some eggs so maybe I just want MY eggs lol.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] I have 19 hens/pullets laying so I get between 14 and 19 eggs a day. I'd share my cute little pullet eggs if you were closer, LOL.

5. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    Hey, CTlicensedArborist....

You want her to come "ova" and get some "eggs".

That's funny.[​IMG]

6. CtlisencedArborist

CtlisencedArborist Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Eastford,Ct
    Yeah,it would be wicked awsome if ya came ova hear and got some babe!

7. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    If it's any consolation (I know it's not at this point! [​IMG] ) we didn't have egg one until our girls were 20 weeks old. They are now 21.5 weeks, and still only 2 are laying.

Try not to fret too much! We feel your pain! :aww

8. chickenwoods

chickenwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    **||OKLAHOMA||**
    I wouldn't start to worry about getting eggs until thier 19-20 weeks old,then if your not getting eggs its ok to have a fit.
    Today i had a new layer,she would be almost 24 weeks old today...Your hens are still alittle too young.[​IMG]

9. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    From what I hear sex links lay sooner then other breeds. Maybe you'll get lucky and get some eggs soon. I have at least 6 more weeks of waiting to do. [​IMG]

10. Firefly

Firefly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    Connecticut
    I am playing the waiting game too. I swear I am checking like every 20 minutes-- I need a twelve-step!! Mine are 19 weeks old (RIRs) and two have been showing the signs (squatting, big bright red combs) for over a week now, but STILL NO EGGS! I feel your pain!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by