Where are my eggs?

jayceesue

Chirping
Mar 28, 2020
North Central Mississippi
I had three he a who were laying regularly. I added three more hens in mid September. I figured there would be some laying issues while the new hens got acclimated. Then it appears they all went into molt about the same time
My egg count per month:

august - 84
September - 41
October - 10

when should I expect to have eggs? One hen has started laying about two weeks ago but that’s it.
Advice please!

It depends on their age. If they are more than a year old, they will pick up for me in SD around the end of January, early February. Until then, I will get a few eggs, but at that time, production will get much more intense.

If they are pullets- if they start before winter, as in soon here, then they tend to lay all winter the first winter, otherwise they will wait for Jan/Feb too.

Mrs K

It depends on their age. If they are more than a year old, they will pick up for me in SD around the end of January, early February. Until then, I will get a few eggs, but at that time, production will get much more intense.

If they are pullets- if they start before winter, as in soon here, then they tend to lay all winter the first winter, otherwise they will wait for Jan/Feb too.

Mrs K
Thank you! Yes last winter the original three plus my new three were all pulleys so I didn’t notice a real drop in production. This year it looked like a pillow factory exploded in my yard! We are in Mississippi so don’t have the intense winter you have but I sure appreciate the information!!!!

Back
Top Bottom