Where are the others?A serema hatched out at 4 am

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wannabchick, Dec 22, 2010.

1. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Iam so stoked, 4 am he joined us all in this amazing and crazy world, now their are 6 others pipped, but chickypoos has rolled them kicked them, I swear leaped over them too, quite a vigorous little thing, and non stop peeping , I can hear some chirps from others but nothing is happening

Its now 8:00 am or so, will more come join him/her?

What if they are flipped over on their pip hole they made?

But my little chickypoos is yellow,I think with some brown, and won't stop peeping , nor will rest ..it's been 4 hours

Chickypoos is so pecking the glass and trying to get out.....

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  2. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!!!!... Are these your first seramas? If so you are in for a lot of fun!!! My first serama hatched a full day earlier than the rest.. She was the smallest egg, and serama.. Still is.

Here she is about 1 hour old.. Her name is Tinkerbell. She is 9 weeks old now.. still little bitty.

[​IMG]

3. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:I've never hatched nor have ever been around chickens...LOL

Yes, out of the eggs, chickypoos was the smallest egg of three seremoa eggs, but I also have cochin and silkie eggs in there,

I can only assume the lady that shipped the eggs, marked them right, and that serema egg that hatched is yep... The smallest of all the eggs

Okay I feel better that u said it hatched way earlier then the rest, because...iam freaking here no more have hatched, the others all have been pipped for a while, but no other action at all from them,

Chickypoos is knocking the heck out of all of them...lol

4. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:How precious too your chics are....
    Xoxox

5. Baralak

I believe that you have a Brisnea Octagon 20 Eco if I'm not mistaken.. Do you have you brooder setup yet? If so, and you don't have any other eggs zipping, you can quickly take her out and her shell. I took mine out after they had dried. The Brisnea recovers humidity really fast so Get her outta there!!!..lol

Joe

6. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:Really get her out, I have the mini advance brinsea

Why am I too take he out, cause she is bouncing all over the other eggs.?

7. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    whoot whoot.. chirp chirp.. my second one hatched.. black with a little yellow~ coochin

and the what I thought was a nonviable silkie egg- has now pipped too... YAAAAAAAAAHOOOEY!!!!

The egg that has been pipped since early am... its still just a little tiny beak chipping away.. but nothing is chipping away..

wish us luck ya'll~~~~

8. Baralak

Well you don't have to... I take mine out when they get dry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by