Where are they???? They're ALL GONE!!!!!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
We're going to a friend's house all day yesterday, so I wasn't going to let my chickens out. In the process of opening the door 2 chickens got out. My 5 gallon waterers are all broken so I was going to put water in the pens for them. My mom then told me we'd be back before dark and to go ahead and let them out, so I did.
Well when we finally got home it was around 9:00 .... dark .... I go out to lock up the chickens and 1 of the chicken doors had shut so all the chickens from that pen were roosting outside! I had to catch all of them and put them in coop #2.
This morning my mom let my chickens out and when she came in she said like 10 chickens were out this morning, guess I'd missed some.
ANYWAY, I started looking around because I couldn't find my favorite pullet, Beepbeeb. I was getting really nervous so I start looking around for them ... I can't even find ANY of my young chickens!!!! They're ALL GONE!I found a pile of White/Grey feathers in the bushes, but that has been there for a week or so. I feel aweful!!!
My young chickens like to Free Range way out in the pasture so I'm hoping they're just way out .....
fl.gif

Please Pray that they turn up!!! I couldn't bare it if I lost all of my youn'uns! Almost all of them are at the point of laying!!!! My big Blue JG rooster and my 2 Black JG pullets are missing, too!
hit.gif

I just have an aweful feeling inside of me that they're all gone, and they aren't coming back!
hit.gif

Both of my coops aren't very "Well" built, the guys never wonna spend anytime on anything, and when they do it isn't very secure because they don't spend time on it!
hmm.png

I just feel horrible ...
hit.gif

I just need some comforting words!
hit.gif

Right after I posted this my 2 back JG pullets and my splash JG pullet showed up, along with a few others. But my favorite one still hasn't showed up yet!
hit.gif

My blue JG roo, 1 BO cockeral and a Golden Buff pullet haven't showed up yet .. Hopefully soon!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Right after I posted this my 2 back JG pullets and my splash JG pullet showed up, along with a few others. But my favorite one still hasn't showed up yet!
hit.gif

My blue JG roo, 1 BO cockeral and a Golden Buff pullet haven't showed up yet .. Hopefully soon!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I would think the chances are good! Hang in there!​

Hang in there Mrs. Fluffy Puffy! We always read stories here on BYC with good endings where the birds return safely. Good luck searching for them.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Sounds like that little group was foraging seperatley, hopefully they'll show up soon. The youngsters always seem to stay up later then the older birds so it's very likely they just got caught out too late and found someplace to roost and are now taking their own sweet time finding their way home. If you feed treats and have a special call for when you do you could try going out the the edges of their normal territory with the treat can.
fl.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Just try not to worry, they will probably all be back! I spent all evening last night worried about one of my hens (I only have 3 hens & 4 roosters). (Oh and my hens just started laying about 3 weeks ago) All of mine free range ALL of the time and roost on top of the coop-like pen I had for them and on my storage building beside it & in the tree above it. At about 6 last night she still hadn't showed up and that is when they all start to roost. The 2 roosters that crow all the time were frantically calling for her and looking around too. But none of us could find her. I had just about given up at almost 8:30 last night but then my daughter went outside and she was coming up from the woods! I guess she had just been hiding out all day.

So please try not to worry! I will pray for your babies!
fl.gif

Thanks for all the nice words!
hugs.gif

Beepbeeb still hasn't showed up ... my Golden Buff pullet and Big Boy haven't either!
hit.gif

I will try to keep my head, but it will be hard ...
I keep running out to the barn every few minutes to see if I see her ... nope ...
sad.png

I hope you find them. I used to get sad when my favorite bird friends disappear, but they often will show up again, later. So, unless you saw evidence otherwise, keep your hopes up!

Back
Top Bottom