Where are you getting Cornish X's

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by DLCShark, Dec 2, 2014.

1. DLCShark

DLCShark Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014
    I have a few catalogues from a few hatcheries I just want to see where everyone is getting their Cornish crosses from. I want to do a couple of runs in 2015. I'm located in south Mississippi.

Thanks in advance

2. peteyfoozer

peteyfoozer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    SE Oregon
    We are in Oregon and have ordered frm McMurray's a lot, always been happy with them. Lose very few chicks and what we do lose, they credit us.

3. CrazyTalk

CrazyTalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2014
    One thing I'd suggest is actually asking the hatchery what their birds are - are they Ross 500s, or Avigen whatevers, etc. Find out the actual product you're buying, so if you have a particularly good, or bad experience with the birds, you can make sure you get the same thing/a different thing next time.

4. ella&clara

ella&clara Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    I ordered from Murray and am happy.

5. I got some from Tractor Supply last Spring. And this fall my local feed store ordered some for me and a friend, we split a run.
    I've never done mail orders.

6. DLCShark

Mar 18, 2014
    I didn't see them at my local TSC this past year. From reading around on this forum I've seen a few people say the Cornish X from McMurry aren't as fast some other hatcheries but still pretty quick growers.

7. My local TSC is 75 miles away, so I called them often, to see if and when, they would get the Cornish Cross in.
    When I finally found them in their store, I said "I'll take them all".
    You just have to ask and let them know what you are looking for.

8. DLCShark

Mar 18, 2014
    Will do if I don't order online from some place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by