1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where can I buy 2 chicks from?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by SayruhK, Feb 18, 2013.

1. SayruhK

SayruhK Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Louisiana
    I only want 2 chickens to start off with, preferrably babies. Everywhere has minimums to order though. Any suggestions on where I could buy just a couple?

2. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    You can order 3 chicks from Meyer Hatchery depending on where you live. My Pet Chicken hatchery also has. 3 chick minimum, but they get their chicks from Meyer. You could also find a local breeder or a friend that has chicks.

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Local breeder, TSC, Atwoods, feed stores.

4. SayruhK

SayruhK Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Louisiana
    Hmm. I think I'm going to have to find a local breeder. All of those have minimums higher than what I want. We're new to the area or I'd split an order with someone. Thanks for the suggestions, y'all.

5. jeannem

jeannem Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2013
    Iowa
    Check the yellow pages for Farm Supply or maybe livestock feed dealer, some of them may carry them in the spring. Google Farm and home supply in your area.

6. bilder

bilder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Phoenix, Oregon
    Check the farm and garden section of Craigslist too. Maybe post an ad saying what you are looking for.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by