where can I buy peacocks?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LaMamaGallina, Aug 23, 2007.

1. LaMamaGallina

LaMamaGallina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    everywhere
    I would like to buy some young peacoks, where do you recomend me to buy them? are they hard to raise?

2. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  3. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I know that CackleHatchery.com also sells them... they are quite exspencive though.
    Good Luck...

4. nightshade

nightshade Chillin' With My Peeps

I got mine this summer at the local farmers market/ auction. Rather cheep too ($35) maybe you could look there if you have one in your area. It would save you alot of money if you do I am sure.

5. LaMamaGallina

May 7, 2007
    everywhere
    [​IMG] Thank you for the information.

6. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I believe they were 35.00 at cackle too.. I just say expensive because 35.00 is alot for just 1. My DH has been wanting some, but not sure how they will interact with the chickens, turkeys and ducks... guess I will have to put up a question about that unless either one of you know. Tes

7. LaMamaGallina

May 7, 2007
    everywhere

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  8. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    My peacocks have never bothered my car.... and I have had up to 11 peas free ranging at one time.

Pecking order at my house is that the geese are on top, followed by the peacocks, chickens are at the bottom of the social order but everyone gets along... as long as they remember the geese are in charge.

Price of peafowl depends on your location..... and the age of the bird. There are a lot of peafowl breeders out your way. Here in MD a yearling bird sells for $50 - 75.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by