where can I find another 9 inch or so funnel to drainmy fermented grains?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ladyearth, Oct 7, 2015.

1. ladyearth

ladyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    Mine came with a veggies type juicers the crank kind. I bought the set sev years ago from a thrift shop. I need to keep another one in the basement kitchen to drain the fermented feed...for morning feeding. Which Hubby does for me...
    The top of the alum funnel is about 9 inches on outside and goes down to the size of a regular mouth canning jar?
    after I finish a batch of fermenting grains I put it in an old pickle jar and use the big Visionware casserole tall dish to start another batch.....
    I tried long time Ebay and Amazon etc.....
    anyone?

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    I'm not sure if this is what you want, but you can get large funnels at any auto store or department used in changing oil or pouring gas.

3. ladyearth

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    naw thanks I want the end to be mason jar sized..... anyone else?

4. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    Could the funnel be cut of to fit? Just a thought.

5. TalkALittle

TalkALittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2014
    Massachusetts
    A quick Google search of "canning funnel" gets a bunch of hits for large plastic or stainless steel funnels that fit mason jars.

6. ladyearth

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    heck found one for like $25 but the shipping and tax is another $17.........which is absolutely ridiculous......I dont use Google I use only startpage or Ixquick.. the most private search engine.. but thanks anyway.. what somepeople consider large isnt.. its just the regular canning funnels. thanks anway take care all

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  7. RonP

RonP Chillin' With My Peeps

Might not be large enough for you, but I cut in half 5 gallon water jugs for large funnels.

Excellent for refueling my diesel tractor.

[​IMG]

8. ladyearth

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    thanks good idea....I was hoping to find another one just like I have or just a tad bit smaller at the top. wanna drain my fermented grains and feed... have plenty of colanders but too big holed or etc. plus canput my stainless steel canning funnel in Dwasher and that large aluminum one... someone somewhere has them w/o paying a fortune
    thanks all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by