Where can i find DE in central Ohio?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Barbmcdon, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Barbmcdon

Barbmcdon Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2010
    Hello Everyone,
    I have very much enjoyed reading everyones posts. I have gotten so much useful information. I am having trouble though finding food grade DE anywhere around here. Local feed stores do not have a clue what I am talking about no matter what name I call it. I live north of Columbus Ohio and don't mind traveling if shipping is way to high. Thanks ahead of time. [​IMG]

2. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    I don't know, I'm in central Iowa. But if you find out Please let me know. DE must be like gold dust or something it is NOT to be found around here. I am about to break down and pay shipping...............

3. Barbmcdon

May 23, 2010
    me to, i will keep checking and looking

4. kungfukitty

kungfukitty Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Eureka, CA
    I'm in Cali and had the same problem. Had to order it- Perma Guard- if I recall.

5. Barbmcdon

May 23, 2010
    I gave up trying to find it, home depot does carry it but it says that it is 74% pure. I decided to order it. I figured the shipping should out way the benefits.

6. dmccann

dmccann Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    darlington pa
    My Coop
  7. nickandryan

nickandryan New Egg

Mar 11, 2010
    I picked mine up in Polk, Ohio at Meyer Hatchery- it wasn't very much- it is also called REd Lake Earth, if that helps! Good luck, hope you find some! Laura

8. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Good afternoon fellow central Ohioan...
    I've bought my DE from my feedstore, Champion Feed & Pet Supply in Delaware. They are great to work with, not real chicken-knowledgeable but have added to their poultry supplies and will try to do whatever is needed, plus they are pretty smart about the feed/nutritional stuff. Anyways, address is: 2524 SR 37 East, Delaware,OH. Phone: 877-369-3020, or local, 740-369-3020. They are Purina dealers and have a lot of other animal related stuff too. I paid $12.99 for a 6 lb. package of DE that is labeled for animal use, specifically listing poultry among others (cattle, dogs,etc.). Hope that helps.
    Dawn

9. Debob

Debob Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    Thanks Dawn, I'll have to stop one day soon.Union co. here and haven't seen any around here.

10. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Glad to help. I can't remember if the TSC here in Delaware had it but I did double check and the brand I have is the same as mentioned earlier (from Meyer Hatchery, Red Lake Earth). They are about one mile east of the new Meijer store on the south side of SR 36/37...Good luck.
    Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by