Where can I find inexpensive online poultry education?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by zephyr66, Jan 29, 2011.

1. zephyr66

zephyr66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Ramona, CA
    Hi... I don't know what section to post this, so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I did a search first and couldn't find anything related.

I have a flock of 9 hens and a rooster and know the basics of chicken care, but am really wanting to learn more but can't afford to take classes from universities. I wouldn't mind taking basic ag. classes either related to growing food, but poultry is my main concern. I have searched the internet but can't find any place to get some education, or home study. I live too far froma community college to go there and take an in person class. Does anyone know of some sites online where I could learn more about poultry?

Thanks!

Sylvia

2. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    What specific information do you want to know? Do you have a library near you? Interlibrary loan can net you about any book out there.

3. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    [​IMG] you can learn a ton here [​IMG]

You can also contact your university extension office they can be a huge help.

4. zephyr66

zephyr66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Ramona, CA
    thanks... i know i could learn a lot here, but i am really wanted something guided. i want to learn more about raising chickens, diseases, nutrition, behavior, etc. again, books are good, but i want something guided, with some tests to make sure i learn some basics. my time is really limited and i do well with structure, guided learning. thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by