Where can I find silkies for sale in Connecticut? Chicks or adults

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by weesy68, Sep 7, 2009.

1. weesy68

weesy68 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Stratford CT
    I am looking to buy a couple of silkie chickens to add to our little flock, and am having trouble finding them in CT. I don't want to order online, I'd like to pick up if possible. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. The Chickens' Maid

The Chickens' Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    CT
    I would like to find breeders in CT, too. We are in eastern Connecticut, and I DON'T want to ship. We're looking for pullets.
    I don't know if there are too many professional breeders in CT, I may do a Google search, but I think most breeders here are smaller outfits.

3. RoyalVision

RoyalVision New Egg

Feb 16, 2009
    Tucson
    Try My Pet Chicken

4. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I have 38 silkie eggs in the bator right now and will be selling some. They will be straight run.

5. weesy68

weesy68 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Stratford CT
    By straight run do you mean mixed sex? I can only take hens as I'm in the suburbs.

6. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
  7. DTRM30

DTRM30 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Straight run is just that - they are not separated by sex.
    can be girls, can be boys. Unless you know how to sex them, you won't know until they grow up.
    I too wish there was someone in CT to get silkies from. But just when I think all is good and I can actually have some $$ to be serious - bam something happens. First it was my sons braces - now its my taxes. (I was on extension). sigh. Someday I'll have extra $$.

8. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:Yes, try My Pet Chicken.com. I ordered 10 sexed bantams (9 females and 1 male) this spring and got exactly what I ordered. While I admit it was a little pricier for sexed bantams ($10 per hen and $7 for the male) but to me it was worth it and I got exactly what I wanted. You can get as few as 5 bantams...

www.mypetchicken.com

9. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Hello, i live here in mass, and i hatch out silkie and showgirl, but right now i have for sale a white silkie cockerel about 3 months, and a black with silver chicn silkie chick about 1 month old not sexed.
    I will be bring them to a chicken swap in nh tomorow, if any one is interested let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. lallyb

lallyb New Egg

Sep 18, 2009
    Manahawkin
    I live in Southern New Jersy and I am looking for baby Silkie chickens. Does anyone know where I can get them I only want 2. I akready have 2 silkie males and 5 Road Island Reds

Thanks
    Barbara

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by