Where can I find the "Save-a-chick campaign" info?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Sunny Side Up, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    It used to be on the home page, some really nifty info you could print out to help novice chick owners get started. There was one that could be printed as a full-page pamphlet, folded into 3 parts, front & back. And another that could be printed onto card stock and cut into 4 parts.

Now I can't find it on the home page. And I was really hoping to use it starting this Fri, at our county fair, where we'll be selling chicks in our Poultry Tent. I planned to give buyers one of the 1/4 size cards when they paid for their chicks, and the full-sized pamphlet when they picked them up at the end of the Fair.

Please help, and quick! 200 baby chicks need your help! Thank you!

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  3. Sunny Side Up

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    [​IMG] Thank you! [​IMG]

Here in South Florida spring activities begin earlier.

4. Sunny Side Up

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    I'd like to make a request, that this info could also be available in black & white. The color pamphlet is very attractive, but doesn't Xerox very well.

Also, could similar info be made available for duckling care? With advice about not feeding them medicated chick starter, not giving them deep water for swimming, about using a plastic bin for a brooder? That would also be very helpful.

Thank you!
    [​IMG]

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    A black and white version would be cool, but in the meantime, use your printer to print it in grayscale before photocopying it (make sure that option is checked before you print). See if the copy machine has a "copy photos" option; your copies will end up looking nicer and clearer.

6. Sunny Side Up

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Thank you for the technical advice. Sometimes I feel like Wilma Flintstone in a Jane Jetson world...
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by