1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where can I get a humitity gauge? CHEAP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LuvMyPeeps7, Sep 12, 2010.

1. LuvMyPeeps7

LuvMyPeeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Lexington
    [​IMG] Just got my new LG 9200 working and regulated perfect(trial run) But I need a humitity gauge anyone know where to get one cheap!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Walmart....about $10 or $11. They're with the rain guages and other outdoor thermomters.

3. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Ebay's always good the ones for reptile tanks are usually cheap and accurate too. [​IMG]

4. LuvMyPeeps7

LuvMyPeeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    Lexington
    Thanks a bunch guys;)

5. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    pet smart has them for 3-4 $

6. lynxs1981

lynxs1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Lowe's, home depot, walmart all have the cheap stick on ones. For around 10-15 you can get a nice digital temp/humidity one.

7. operator16

operator16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Colorado
    I picked up one of those indoor/outdoor gauges from Lowes. It has a receiver in the kitchen that tells me the inside temps hi and low plus humidity in the coop as well as the my home's inside tem and humidity. I cost $28. It's a great tool.

8. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

I just now copied the following from a post that I replied to a few months ago. I have two Vicks thermometer/hygrometers now, and I wouldnÂ’t trust anything else.
    I tried EVERYTHING that Walmart and all the pet stores in the area sold. I ended up taking them all back; basically, they were all junk. Then a buddy, just to shut up my complaining, gave me a Vicks like the one sold in the ad below. The temperature is always right on, and after the salt/water test, I know that the humidity is 2% off. I really like it. Vicks V70 HealthCheck Hygrometer:
    http://www.kaz.com/kaz/vicks/ (see bottom of page)
    I have two Genesis 1533's, and when I am incubating, the first 18 days I do not use the wire bottom under the egg turner. I only use the wire for the last three days. So, the first 18 days it sits nicely on the outside edge of the egg turner near the turner's motor. The last 18 days it just sits along with the eggs in cartons on the rubber mat that covers the wire.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  9. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    i got 2 of the ones at petsmart made by exoterra $4-5 works great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by