1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where can I get egg cartons for turkey eggs?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by jasonm11, Feb 11, 2011.

1. jasonm11

jasonm11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    I am getting enough eggs from my four hens that I am starting to sell them. The problem I have is the eggs are too large fo th egg cartons I have. Does anyone sell larger egg cartons for turkey eggs?

2. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  3. jasonm11

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    I'll give them a shout thank you. I have been using the AA extra large cartons but they will not close and Ihave a small fridge.

4. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    That is who i would suggest: www.eggcartons.com

Just call them and see if they have a Turkey size egg carton.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  5. Liamm_1

Liamm_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have never heard of turkey eggs for consumption, why is that? Do they taste like chicken eggs but larger? I wish I had more land to have turkeys also. Can turkeys and chickens range and be housed together?

6. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Quote:An egg is an egg. Not much difference, in my opinion between a turkey egg and a chicken egg. As for housing with chickens....yes and no. Depends on who you ask. I have no issuse with my turkeys being with my chickens.

7. terri9630

terri9630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    New Mexico
    The only difference I've noticed is that the membrane on the turkey egg is much harder to break. You can almost peel the shell off without breaking the membrane.

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I have ate chicken ,turkey,peafowl,pheasant,quail, and chukar eggs all about the same....now waterfowl eggs don't taste the same.

9. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Are you asking for shipping purposes? If so I have taken an egg carton and cut it in half for 6 eggs. Then cut the tops off and discarded them. Using other half of bottom carton for a top.
    Place the eggs inside and tape top and bottom together.
    There is a gap between but it works. Then bubble wrap as usual for shipping.

1 person likes this.
  10. jasonm11

Nov 18, 2010
    tioga tx
    Quote:No, just ease of carry. My wife sells the eggs to her coworkers and they don't fit well in a regular egg carton. I will try eggcartons.com and see if they are any better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by