1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WHERE can I get fertile Hatchin eggs in So. Maine??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sarahndipity723, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Sarahndipity723

Sarahndipity723 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2011
    Coastal Southern Maine
    Hey there-does anyone know where /HOW to find viable fertile hatchin eggs-Buff orps,or some others-here in So Maine?zipcode 04105? I lookd on Craigslist,and in other mags like Uncle Henrys-none.ANY HATCHERIES that sell eggs in New England??

2. ChickenMack

ChickenMack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Check out mypetchicken.com they have hatching eggs and some rare breeds but also the everyday breeds we all love. They are in Connecticut. They stock is sold out for most breeds until May it looks like. I bought a dozen and they are in the incubator right now.

3. Sarahndipity723

Sarahndipity723 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2011
    Coastal Southern Maine
    Kool,Thanks...I'll ck it out...whats an easy inexpensive incubator?

4. ChickenMack

ChickenMack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    I spent $100 at the farm store. It is a Little Giant incubator- made out of styrofoam with a heating unit and I splurged on the automatic egg turner. You can always turn them by hand but you have to remember to do it. You can also make an incubator with lots of info here on BYC or on YouTube. I was hoping to put them under a broody hen but my girls just did not adhere to this schedule. My eggs have yet to hatch but candling them I can see that they are growing. Also, scroll down on the BYC homepage and you will find lots of fertilized eggs either being auctioned or sold. Good luck.

5. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    If you go to Craig's list. And see if anyone has chickens for sale chances are they have fertile eggs. It's a chance but that's how a friend got hers. Also if you see someone who has eggs to sell, they will most likely have fertile eggs also. Ask around. Try your local organic store or farmers market

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by