WHERE can I get fertile Hatchin eggs in So. Maine??

Sarahndipity723

Songster
12 Years
Jul 23, 2011
Coastal Southern Maine
Hey there-does anyone know where /HOW to find viable fertile hatchin eggs-Buff orps,or some others-here in So Maine?zipcode 04105? I lookd on Craigslist,and in other mags like Uncle Henrys-none.ANY HATCHERIES that sell eggs in New England??

Check out mypetchicken.com they have hatching eggs and some rare breeds but also the everyday breeds we all love. They are in Connecticut. They stock is sold out for most breeds until May it looks like. I bought a dozen and they are in the incubator right now.

I spent $100 at the farm store. It is a Little Giant incubator- made out of styrofoam with a heating unit and I splurged on the automatic egg turner. You can always turn them by hand but you have to remember to do it. You can also make an incubator with lots of info here on BYC or on YouTube. I was hoping to put them under a broody hen but my girls just did not adhere to this schedule. My eggs have yet to hatch but candling them I can see that they are growing. Also, scroll down on the BYC homepage and you will find lots of fertilized eggs either being auctioned or sold. Good luck.

If you go to Craig's list. And see if anyone has chickens for sale chances are they have fertile eggs. It's a chance but that's how a friend got hers. Also if you see someone who has eggs to sell, they will most likely have fertile eggs also. Ask around. Try your local organic store or farmers market

Hey there-does anyone know where /HOW to find viable fertile hatchin eggs-Buff orps,or some others-here in So Maine?zipcode 04105? I lookd on Craigslist,and in other mags like Uncle Henrys-none.ANY HATCHERIES that sell eggs in New England??
I live in Augusta Maine. I have fertile eggs. I currently have two Americana roosters and buff orpington roosters. I am breeding the buff orpingtons pure and the americanas pure and with some copper marans and ostrilopes getting a mix. but still the Americana Gene overpowers all so that is what you get. I also have black Jersey giants that are coming I will be breeding with the orpington rooster. phone number 207-680-0559 call and leave a message or text I'm happy to help people out I love farming and helping. thank you have a great day and happy farming

I live in Augusta Maine. I have fertile eggs. I currently have two Americana roosters and buff orpington roosters. I am breeding the buff orpingtons pure and the americanas pure and with some copper marans and ostrilopes getting a mix. but still the Americana Gene overpowers all so that is what you get. I also have black Jersey giants that are coming I will be breeding with the orpington rooster. phone number 207-680-0559 call and leave a message or text I'm happy to help people out I love farming and helping. thank you have a great day and happy farming
This is a old post keep in mind of the date of the post.

Back
Top Bottom