where can i get mandarin ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by echopaw2, Dec 17, 2012.

1. echopaw2

echopaw2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Early in the spring a nasty racoon tore my underground portion of the pen and got all but two male mandarins. we fixed the pen,but now are unable to find any more mandarins. Have the two males, desperately seeking wives for them.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    We have a few breeders on here. However it's going to be pretty hard to find someone willing to just sell you hens.

3. echopaw2

echopaw2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    I realize that, thought Imight find someone trying to cut back, or could buy a trio, hoping anyway

4. quackersandco

quackersandco Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2012
    You might watch featherauction.com , although if there's no one near you, shipping would be involved and that get's pricey.

5. Onewiththeducks

Onewiththeducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2012
    Alden,NY
    Try eFowl.com. They have juvenile mandarins there, but are a bit expensive.

6. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    IMO dont ever buy from a reseller who brokers the birds such as the one mentioned above.

Post a wanted ad here on BYC in the buy sell area. Visit the Ornamental section to find people who breed them. You wont get them as day old ducklings, They ship in fall normally as pairs when they have size on them and it is safe to send them.

1 person likes this.
  7. waterdog

waterdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Michigan
    We are sold put for the year, but we and many other breeders will sell single birds. Try this site they have had extra hens posted on here http://www.gbwf.org/phpBB3/index.php

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by