Where can I get nipple waterers?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by AccioSarah, May 16, 2010.

1. AccioSarah

AccioSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Is there a website I can order from? My local farm and fleet doesn't seem to have the right kind...
    or could someone tell me what the right kind is?

Thanks!

2. AccioSarah

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
  3. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I got the push in variety from tek supply. Have bought from them a few times - very reliable. Nipples work great

4. BankerJohn

BankerJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Lecanto, Florida
    I bought mine from Farmtek. I called them and ordered over the phone rather than via computer.

there are 2 types: a screw in one and a push in one. The push in ones are for use in a thin walled vessel such as a milk jug. The screw in one is for more rigid containers like a 5 gallon bucket or PVC pipe.

I have the screw in type installed for my watering system shown here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. LauraG

LauraG Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Upstate, NY
    I love the push-in ones for my quart waterer for my chicks from Farm-Tek.[​IMG]

6. lovinlife

lovinlife Chillin' With My Peeps

John, have you described how you built your watering system somewhere?

7. BJnMe

BJnMe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2010
    West Michigan
    Get a hold of Neil Grassbaugh, he is a member here and sells the nipple drinkers. Best price lowest shipping and lots of info on setting them up.

I just set up a 5 gal bucket with 2 nipple drinkers in the bottom of the bucket. It took the chickens less than 5 minutes to figure it out.

8. AccioSarah

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Quote:He sent me a PM actually- but I didn't check it until after I ordered them already! I bought a couple from farmtek to use. I think it'll work though.

Banker John:: I love your coop and watering system! I think you posted on one of my other topics trying to figure out what the best system is- and I decided to follow your design! It'll be a little different because I'm working with a lot less room- but a basic bucket and PVC pipe is more or less what I'm doing. Thanks again!!

9. kateseidel

kateseidel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    We ordered the screw in nipples and used a left-over kitty litter bucket. Can't believe how easy it was, and how great it works! The only challenge has beenremembering to keep raising it up a chain link at a time as the girls get bigger!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. BankerJohn

BankerJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Lecanto, Florida
    Quote:I wish I could take credit for the system. It is not original to me. I learned how to from someone else here on BYC. Please remember to Pay It Forward; there will be another who asks "how do I...?" Thanks in advance for being there for them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by