Where can I get nipple waterers?

I bought mine from Farmtek. I called them and ordered over the phone rather than via computer.

there are 2 types: a screw in one and a push in one. The push in ones are for use in a thin walled vessel such as a milk jug. The screw in one is for more rigid containers like a 5 gallon bucket or PVC pipe.

I have the screw in type installed for my watering system shown here:

53005_p1230837.jpeg

53005_p1230833.jpeg

Get a hold of Neil Grassbaugh, he is a member here and sells the nipple drinkers. Best price lowest shipping and lots of info on setting them up.

I just set up a 5 gal bucket with 2 nipple drinkers in the bottom of the bucket. It took the chickens less than 5 minutes to figure it out.

Quote:
He sent me a PM actually- but I didn't check it until after I ordered them already! I bought a couple from farmtek to use. I think it'll work though.

Banker John:: I love your coop and watering system! I think you posted on one of my other topics trying to figure out what the best system is- and I decided to follow your design! It'll be a little different because I'm working with a lot less room- but a basic bucket and PVC pipe is more or less what I'm doing. Thanks again!!

We ordered the screw in nipples and used a left-over kitty litter bucket. Can't believe how easy it was, and how great it works! The only challenge has beenremembering to keep raising it up a chain link at a time as the girls get bigger!!

46815_p4200002.jpg
46815_p4200006.jpg

Quote:
I wish I could take credit for the system. It is not original to me. I learned how to from someone else here on BYC. Please remember to Pay It Forward; there will be another who asks "how do I...?" Thanks in advance for being there for them.

Back
Top Bottom