Where can I get Seramas?

Apr 13, 2020
Anyone know of any hatcheries that ship serama chicks or serama hatching eggs? I can’t seem to find any. I don’t want to go the eBay route, so looking for alternatives to that.

joydix

Songster
5 Years
Mar 20, 2015
West Sonoma County
Anyone know of any hatcheries that ship serama chicks or serama hatching eggs? I can’t seem to find any. I don’t want to go the eBay route, so looking for alternatives to that.
We have a local breeder her in N CA. ALCHEMIST FARM she has nice birds. Very nice place. I don’t know where you are located and of course when doing Hatching Eggs do you want them to come from someplace as close to you as possible. I have not gotten Sarama‘s from her but I have gotten cream leg bar‘s and I know she was breeding seramas.

HeatherKellyB

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
I Google "Where to buy Serama Chickens Near me" and "Serama Chicken Breeder near me". I received accurate results. There is likely a Serama Breeders Association and they'll have breeder info listed by state. Good luck. I just hatched out my first Serama a few weeks ago and I am in love

HeatherKellyB

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
May 31, 2019
Moore County, NC
Some wonderful Serama Breeders post on ebay. I found an amazing breeder in my state that I purchased eggs from on ebay. I am still in touch with her and she's been so wonderful. I wouldn't count ebay out. I wish you the very best

joydix

Songster
5 Years
Mar 20, 2015
West Sonoma County
I Google "Where to buy Serama Chickens Near me" and "Serama Chicken Breeder near me". I received accurate results. There is likely a Serama Breeders Association and they'll have breeder info listed by state. Good luck. I just hatched out my first Serama a few weeks ago and I am in love
Two years ago I got some hatching eggs from eBay. The woman said they hatch like popcorn and she was right! I think 14 out of 15 eggs hatched and I sold a bunch of them and I just wanted up keeping five hens. They are so cute running around in a little group and so tiny! My favorite is the smallest one I named her jellybean. She does not like me to pick her up but she tolerates it at bedtime. She’s not skittish she just doesn’t like it. I think it’s cool how they all look so different it was really fun watching them grow into their colors

dbtcowgirl

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Jun 3, 2020
Where are you located? I am currently sold old but I will have some available in September. This little one was from my last hatch, I have great fertility and hatch rates.

Attachments

Apr 13, 2020
Where are you located? I am currently sold old but I will have some available in September. This little one was from my last hatch, I have great fertility and hatch rates.
Louisiana, but I can’t get any this year :( too busy to raise chicks. I was looking for next year, but good to know for when I am ready to get some 😁

Compost King

Free Ranging
Apr 19, 2018
Salisbury, North Carolina
Try asking in the Louisiana thread if you haven't already. A lady not too far from me was asking about getting bantams in the NC thread and I ended up selling her my Serama culls, The only thing "wrong" with them that I know of is that I didn't want their pattern in my breeding program and she got 2 Hens for a very low price. She was just looking for bantams and couldn't find any for sale in the area so I offered.

Top Bottom