Where can I get some East India, minature appleyard or silky eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Hoosiermomma, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Anyone know where I can get any of these? [​IMG]

2. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Songster

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Well, you could always post a "Wanted" ad in the Other Poultry - Buy Sell Trade section of the forum. [​IMG]

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:I am planning on doing so. Thanks !!![​IMG]

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

try ebay also... and there's an egg auction website that i've never been too, but have seen others mention. maybe someone will pipe up with the name.

5. CityChicker

CityChicker Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    You might try Ebay. There is someone there that has been selling Silky eggs. The BEI are listed on Ebay and Eggbid too fairly regularly.

Mini Appleyards are much harder to find. I *might* sell some this Spring if I have enough surplus. I was hoping to really rebuild my flock this year, but Holderread's was not able to fill any of my order. If I have some available come Spring, it will probably only be a few since I will keep most of them for future breeding stock.

Since the breeding season is mostly over for the year, placing an order now for next year (like with Holderread's) might be your best bet.

6. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Songster

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:Well, CityChicker already did, but I'll repeat that it's Eggbid.com - however, there are currently NO listings for waterfowl eggs whatsoever on that site. It's getting a bit late in the season for ducks - hopefully you'll find some though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: