Where can I get turkeys without having to order like 15?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by safarichick101, Jan 12, 2010.

1. safarichick101

safarichick101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    College Station TX
    I want a maximum of 5 poults (bourbon reds or sweetgrass). I live in Texas but don't want to deal with the hassle of hatching. Ideal sells 10 min.

2. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    A lot of places will allow you to get just a few in with chickens (for warmth during shipping). Other options are to get older ones so they don't need the heat for shipping, or check local feed stores, etc... If they sell chicks, poults, etc, you may be able to get a small order that will be shipped with a larger group of birds. Some of them do say that you have to get at least 6. Or advertise saying that you want some, maybe somebody local will have some to sell?

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Put an ad in craigslist in your area and ask people to go in on an order with you. I have done that before with chickens and I was amazed at the responses I got. Collect the money and put in your order [​IMG]

4. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Try Cackle Hatchery in Missouri. They do not have a minimum and will ship with chicks too.

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:That's what I did. You can order as few turkeys as you like and fill the rest of the order with cheap chicks.

6. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

The feed stores should have turkey poults sometime this month or next .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by