1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Where can I order 4 Chicks?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mrbstephens, Jan 25, 2010.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

Which hatcheries will allow an order of just 4 chicks? Thanks.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] try mypetchicken.com

3. mrbstephens

Their policy has changed. They will only ship a min of 3 if you live near a major city. If not, the min is now 8. [​IMG]

4. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    You could post on your local Craigslist and see if there is someone who wants to split an order with you? Or just order more chicks and then advertise them for sale on Craigslist or by putting a sign up at your feed store.

5. mrbstephens

Quote:Well, actually my feed store gets chicks in from Mt. Healthy. I thought maybe I'd order them direct from the hatchery this time because one of my chicks last year had cocci which may or may not have come from the feed store. Well, anyway I still have lots of Sulmet just in case. [​IMG]

6. Jim from Cincinnati

Jim from Cincinnati Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2009
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    You can order as few as 3 from Meyers Hatchery located in Polk, ohio.

7. FortWorthChicks

FortWorthChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Fort Worth
    check at your feed store maybe they have the breed you want [​IMG]

8. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Well, actually my feed store gets chicks in from Mt. Healthy. I thought maybe I'd order them direct from the hatchery this time because one of my chicks last year had cocci which may or may not have come from the feed store. Well, anyway I still have lots of Sulmet just in case. [​IMG]

What I meant was that you could order a larger order direct from the hatchery and then sell the ones you don't need via Craigslist or your local feed store. I did this and it worked out well. I ordered the MPC 25 pullet special last fall and sold the ones I didn't need to local people.

9. Quailbuddy

Quailbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    Welpshatchery I think there min. is three no matter where you live but they recommend more . . . . check there [​IMG][​IMG]

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Me! come and get them!!! LOL...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by