Where could I get Black Star Pullets?

Chicky Joy

Songster
11 Years
Jun 22, 2008
Hi all,

If my husband knew how much thought I've been putting into getting a few more chickens he'd probably have a fit. Anyway, we have 8 red stars. We have limited space but good size I think. Our coop is about 12x13 and our run is about 12x13 as well. I'm thinking I'd like to get a few more pullets before it gets really late in the year. I like our red stars so much I'd like to try some black stars as well. Where could I get some black star pullets? What would they run cost wise?

Meyer Hatchery has black stars, as does Murray McMurray. My page in my signature has a few comments at the end about Meyer Hatchery.

If you buy started pullets their beaks will be trimmed, so keep that in mind if you mix them in a flock with birds you raised from chicks. Maybe you could partition off part of your house and run for the new birds, so they could slowly be introduced to avoid trouble.

Best,
Nancy

ChickyJoy- I have some 1 yr old Black Star girls... where are you located? I'd be able to sell a few if you live near NJ or Pa....let me know? They'd be pickup only...
Lisa

The red stars we have are from McMurray. They have trimmed beaks. I didn't see that they had black star pullets. I think they may have only chicks for that breed. I'll double check. I'll look into Meyer as well. Five dollars for a pullet seems like a good deal. The red stars were 10.95 a piece from McMurray.

Chicken Lisa,
I'm afraid I'm too far away to do any pick ups in your area. I live on Beaver Island, in northern Lake Michigan.

I checked the Meyer site. The prices are great but they only have leghorns available right now. Any other places I could find the black sex link pullets?

I guess I should have said started pullets. I know it is an off time of year to be looking but I'd still like to find some if there are any out there.

I have a friend who asked me to post last week that he has Black Star pullets (17 weeks old) for sale $10.00 each. He is in Flemingsburg KY. If interested PM me and I will give you his contact info. He does not use the computer very much.

I posted this under the KY string of "Where are you"

Tom

Back
Top Bottom