Where did Gritty's coop door go?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, May 13, 2011.

1. That dang cow ate it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. That dang cow pawned it for beer and gambling money!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Somewhere there's a broody with a coop door for a nest!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    As some of you may know, the door off my brahma coop was "stolen" this week.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=502251

I haven't been able to locate the thief or the door on my own. I know the door is smashed to bits, but we'd like to be able to salvage the frame and the hardware if possible. Yesterday DH had the day off because we had doctor's appointments in the city. As soon as we returned, we put my jeep in 4 wheel drive and covered every inch of this farm looking for my coop door (it's bright blue), to no avail.

What happened to my coop door??

2. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    I bet that cow took it back to the barn as a keepsake. She probably put a mirror behind it. Shabby Chic Coop door remake. [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I do like the refurbished for a mirror idea, but there's probably a broody hen that found that frame and a little light bulb went off in her head, and she's settled into the middle of it quite happily.

4. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    The picture in my head of that cow with the coop door around its neck just makes me [​IMG]

Thank God we don't have cows. That is one animal I never want to have to deal with. Except on my plate.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  5. ChickenAlgebra

ChickenAlgebra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Since every last hen here is thinking about going broody or is broody, I'm voting some hen is loving her new nest.

6. alabamachick

alabamachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Alabama
    My broody just hatched out her two eggs this morning. I'm voting Broody. Just because I'm glad its OVER for me....haha [​IMG]

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:A girl after my own heart. Make all my cows ribeyes please, A1 sauce optional. [​IMG]

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Has cow # 43 been seen since the "door" incident. I'm thinking she is heading North coming towards me--some sort of a reverse on the broody GPS. You didn't send her here to get even did you?[​IMG]

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:When she arrives, be very careful how you open the box I strapped to her back. I packed the broodies in there pretty tightly. [​IMG]

Relax, even southern cows have enough sense not to cross the mason-dixon line. Double [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:I TOLD you that thing was broken- now it not only sends broodies randomly hither and yon, it's calling all cows to you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by