Where did my fish go?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WooingWyandotte, Nov 11, 2011.

1. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Long story short, I had a crowntail betta fish. He was beautiful and red with shining teal on his side, his fins would flow like red fire. Everyday I would watch him streak across the tank.
    Well, I was getting tired of a fishy smell in my room so I gave him to my younger brother who gladly put him on his desk. There that tank was, day after day....till we had some relatives stay in his room. Then poof. It was gone. Tank and all. Little bro looked everywhere, even I helped, it was nowhere to be seen!
    My thought is our relatives trashed the fish and tank. [​IMG] I don't like to think the worst of people, but I know it's very possible. That was MY property (technically, my little brothers, but still kinda mine) I don't know why they would want to throw it.
    Ugh. Don't you just hate it when people throw your stuff around? Little kids come over and trash my stupid room around and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of annoying people. I feel like ranting!! [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Did you ask them where the fish tank went??

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'd be on their case big time asking for an explanation. How old were these people?

4. KaitlynChick55

KaitlynChick55 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    Calumet, UP of MI
    people, drive ya crazy ey? we had a fish once, sitting happy as could be in his little tank. we leave for a day, a whole day, taking the dog with us. at the time, we only had that fish, and the dog, so we didn't bother with getting someone to comeover once to feed the fish. it was fat, anyways, it would survive, right? well, when we got back, it was gone. just, gone. the tank was still there, and everything in it. later, when we moved the hutch that the tank was sitting on, and cleaning the radiator from tons of dust on it, we found the fish. baked. only a dried skeleton left. how gross. it had a lid, so how did the fish get outta the tank? strangeee.[​IMG]

5. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    Quote:Fish tanks should never smell. I have a 30 and ten gallon in my bedroom, and a 55 and 5 1/2 downstairs, and none of them smell. Only a slight lake like smell in the filters, but you need to cleaning the filters to smell it.

6. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Quote:Fish tanks should never smell. I have a 30 and ten gallon in my bedroom, and a 55 and 5 1/2 downstairs, and none of them smell. Only a slight lake like smell in the filters, but you need to cleaning the filters to smell it.

This fish tank was a vase. I had to wash it every other day, but it still smelled. Someone gave me a filter, but it didn't work so I gave it back. Fishes just don't work out for me. [​IMG]

7. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Quote:They were actually my auntie and her husband, they are both over fifty. After they packed up and left we noticed it was gone, maybe they took it?

8. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    My betta just died this week. It was in a fish bowl and it smelled if I didn't clean it. I would be so mad if my relatives did that.

9. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about your fish [​IMG]

Some people are just...

10. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Thanks. [​IMG] He lived a half a year but I mean they just swim and so I wasn't really sad when it died. That sounds really bad that I wasn't sad. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by