Where did you buy your rabbit?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Willow's Meadow, May 19, 2010.

1. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Songster

Apr 16, 2010
    I might get a rex rabbit. I want to get 2 girls from the same litter. Can I go to craigslist, petfinder, local paper etc. or do I need to buy from a breeder? Where did you buy from?

2. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Songster

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Willow's Meadow :

I might get a rex rabbit. I want to get 2 girls from the same litter. Can I go to craigslist, petfinder, local paper etc. or do I need to buy from a breeder? Where did you buy from?

We got our mini rex from a lady on craigslist. Her first litter. Jacob is a precious lil thing. We paid $10.00 for him.

[​IMG]

3. Thundrr-Chicken

Thundrr-Chicken Songster

Apr 20, 2010
    Dover, Ohio
    we got most of our bunnies at local farm swaps... usually held at a local feed store on saturday mornings...

4. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Songster

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I got mine from a rescue I found on craigslist. Craigslist and animal swaps are probably your best bet, but you may be able to find breeders in your area.

5. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Songster

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    Depends on what your goals are, pets or for eating (breeding for meat) get them from any of the above. If you want to show, or think you might want to in the future, go to a breeder (that shows)

6. ack123

ack123 Songster

Mar 9, 2010
    the best place to get a rabbit at is a rabbit show. www.arba.net. Look and see if there are any in your area. You can find pet quality rabbits for cheap at just about any show. Most are held during the day at the county fair grounds. Some of the sumer shows may be held at night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: