Where did you get your incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mrsengeseth, Sep 9, 2008.

1. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I am looking for one. I found one for the price of 10.00 on craigslist. Unfortunately someone else saw it before i did. Otherwise I'd be on the road after it right now!

Has anyone here found one for a great price??

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I bought mine on ebay from double R supply. YOu can also try eggbid.com and on here [​IMG]

3. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    i made my own. also the little giant bator looks nice. it's pretty low priced. But i made my own! it was waay more cheap and it works! [​IMG]

4. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Quote:lil giant is about 40-50 bucks approx how much did it cost to make ur own? Just curios after reading all the hatching posts I think I'm catching the fever....What I'd do w/all the babie I don't know! [​IMG]

5. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    it actually didn't cost me anything! [​IMG] I just found things around the house, like a cooler, lamp, temp. gauge, etc. You may have to buy some things like a cooler(at wal-mart or some other store) and temp./humidity gauges. I already had most of these things. Look up online how to make a homemade bator and you will find lots of creative ways! [​IMG]

6. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:ALSO, the bator works quite well! [​IMG] I have steady temps. all the time and right now 1 out of 4 eggs are fertile in the bator. One is on day 9 and it's wiggling! My first time too! [​IMG]

The bator that MissPrissy used is VERY popular when making homemade bators. look on her page or contact her to find out how to make it! [​IMG]

7. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
  8. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    Quote:ALSO, the bator works quite well! [​IMG] I have steady temps. all the time and right now 1 out of 4 eggs are fertile in the bator. One is on day 9 and it's wiggling! My first time too! [​IMG]

The bator that MissPrissy used is VERY popular when making homemade bators. look on her page or contact her to find out how to make it! [​IMG]

Will do...have plenty of old coolers just none of the other stuff...

That would be so neat to see! Think I'll search for missprissy's post.

9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I think you can make a bator at around $20 or so. I went from a $50.00 bator to a $150 bator and am going to a $600 in january. Missprissy has some cool Ideas and also some people have made a fridgeabgator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by