Where did you order/get your runners from?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newchickmom09, Dec 16, 2009.

1. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I am looking into getting 2 or 3 runners this spring a male and females. I want them to have the runner upright stance. I know that some hatchery runners end up looking like a regular duck (I think it is Wifezilla who has one). It doesn't matter what color they are I just want them for entertainment and egg production.

So I am wondering, for all of you that have ordered runners from hatcheries which had good upright runners.

2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Holderread's -- got my fawn and white adult pair from them. Absolutely worth every cent!
    Here's Long Tall Sally and Slim Jim!

[​IMG]

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    You need to order now as they book up orders fast. (Holderread's)
    I heard that Metzer's also has nice runners, maybe someone will post a pic of theirs.

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

If you're looking for sexed runners that meet the upright standard, you will have to buy adults I believe. Or you can buy 10 ducklings keep what you want and sell the rest.

5. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Well one looks a little fat, but they sure have the upright stance! NICE RUNNERS!

6. newchickmom09

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    TerriLachicks: I love your runners.

rainplace: I probably will have to do that, just place a 10 duckling order and hope I keep at least a male and female.

7. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

you can vent sex them yourself when you get them if you don't want to be raising ducklings. Or you can keep them till they are older so you can make sure to get the best of the bunch.

8. newchickmom09

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    It might take some convincing of my hubby but I think I could pull off raising them until I can guess who is who. [​IMG]

9. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    I hatched my runners from eggs that I got on ebay from a seller called andreaseggs.

They don't have the wine bottle stance but they're not regular ducks by any means.

[​IMG]

10. newchickmom09

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    eggybritches: they are adorable I would be so happy with those!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by