Where did you purchase your Australorps?

RuffIedFeathers

Songster
Sep 12, 2022
SF Bay Area, California
Curious where you all have purchased your Australorps from? I do avoid hatcheries if possible and I'm willing to pay a premium. Im not necessarily going to show them, but I'd like it to be a possibility of my kids would like to do so in 4H in the future. I would also like to breed to SOP. They just seen like a good bird overall for our mixed flock.
Is there anyone who specializes in this breed?

PS I'm sorry if I'm annoying with all my questions. I just love to learn and ask a lot of questions. Please ignore me if you find me irritating. I mean no harm, I'm just really fascinated with everything chickens!

I got mine from a local chicken store because they were the only ones that sold single birds for my small flock. Rural King and Tractor Supply (TSC) generally require a minimum of 6 birds/purchase.

No worries on the questions. People are generally friendly and helpful here.

I got my Black Australorps from TSC. Just hatchery quality, but nice personalities. I got Blue Australorps (?) from a breeder, but I am totally unimpressed with their quality. Still, one of them is my favorite, since she's the friendliest.

If I ever get more Blues, I will look to getting better quality birds, as, like @3KillerBs, I am in love with them. Love the color. Love the overall look. And they are nice birds.

Back
Top Bottom